Grain Free Chickpea Blondie
These blondies have the texture of a fudge brownie, and taste like a cross between a peanut butter and a chocolate chip cookie in taste. You won't believe they are made with protein-packed, gut-friendly, low carb chickpeas!
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup nut butter - peanut, almond, sunflower, or chickpea butter!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1/2 smashed ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8"x8" or similar baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine the chickpeas, peanut butter, applesauce, coconut flour, maple syrup and vanilla in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice.
- Transfer the batter to a large bowl and add the chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish, smoothing into the corners and leveling the top. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until the edges start to turn golden brown and blondies are set.
- Remove from oven then use the edges of the parchment paper to pick the blondies up out of the baking dish and set on a cooling rack. Let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Top generously with flaky sea salt, slice into bars and serve.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 197 TOTAL FAT: 8g SATURATED FAT: 2g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 5g CHOLESTEROL: 0mg SODIUM: 350mg CARBOHYDRATES: 24g FIBER: 5g SUGAR: 8g PROTEIN: 8g